EFF Toronto Maple Leafs 1939 Hat
Ebbets Field Flannels Toronto Maple Leafs 1939 Hat
Authentic reproduction of the original 1939 Toronto Maple Leafs Vintage Ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine Royal wool broadcloth
- Vintage White "T" on front
- Royal Blue wool standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
The name “Maple Leafs” for Toronto’s professional baseball squad actually pre-dates the use of that name by the NHL team by several years. It was used continuously from 1902 to the last year in Toronto, 1967. Maple Leaf Stadium was one of minor league baseball’s most elegant parks, and the club played there from 1926 until the franchise was transferred to Louisville for the 1968 season. The Leafs twice had seasons where they outdrew an MLB team in attendance, 1951 and 1952 when they outdrew the St. Louis Browns and Boston Braves, respectively.